Saturday, March 20, 2010

You may be right, we may be crazy





















Yes, we took Jackie snow camping this spring. We were simply building on the tradition Renn's parents set when they took him camping at Yellowstone when he was about four months old and bought him his first hiking backpack when he was six months old. Also, I wanted to take advantage of the wilderness prowess of my tough sister-in-law Tiffany and my brother Brian who came with us on this trip. It was an adventure, although admittedly I did not get the best night's sleep as I kept on waking up and checking on Jackie to make sure she was OK.The next morning we packed up camp and hiked toward the Jardine Juniper.

No comments:




My wedding cake

My wedding cake
My sister, Christie, made my wedding cake -- all five layers of it. It was fondant, covered in fresh red roses and green ribbon. For a more modern look she chose to make a square cake.

Trip up the canyon

Trip up the canyon
OK, here's the truth, what Renn and I really look like when we wake up. After our first backpacking trip as a couple, Renn's hair looked like grass growing on his head and mine lay flat and matted as we walked out of the mountains.

Karen and Renn in Mexico

Karen and Renn in Mexico
This is us on our last day at the Hummingbird Inn in Maneadero, Mexico. It was a fun week of service with Engineers Without Borders. Renn and other USU engineering students helped put in drain fields at an orphanage, The Gabriel House, for children with severe disabilities. I helped dig some holes and wrote an article for the newspaper about the experience.